- Half Marathon
- 6 Hour
- 12 Hour (night)
- 24 Hour
- 24 Hour Team (Charity)
Whichever option you sign up for will be the race in which you are eligible to win an award.
Earn a race buckle by completing 100 km or more during the individual 24 hr timed race,
8:00 AM Start Time
8:00 PM for the 12 Hour (Individual) Night Race
- Runners and walkers of all levels of ability are welcome to participate.
- 8 AM start time for the ½ Marathon, Marathon, 6 Hour and 24 Hour races.
- 8 PM start time for the 12 Hour individual night race.
- The course will be open until 8 AM Sunday (24 Hours).
- All participants will be required to wear a headlamp and reflective gear if running past dusk (approx. 7 PM). This rule covers that 12-hour (individual), 24-hour and 24-hour Relay participants.
- Awards are for the ½ Marathon, Marathon, 6 Hour, 12 Hour (night), 24 Hour and 24 Hour Relay races.
- Participants are only eligible to win an award in the race that they have registered for.
- No race day changes to your race event.
- The course is a certified 1.4 mile (2.2530 KM) loop, and is certified for the half-marathon and Marathon.
- When you reach one of the above distances during your timed race, you will automatically receive a certified time for that distance as well.
- If you want to get to a particular distance beyond the race for which you signed up, just keep running after your marathon race and just tell the timer on the way by that you are running longer. The course will be open for 24 hours.
- All the different distances will be recorded on our web page.
- The course is all set up for setting PB’s and Canadian age groups records, or for just having a fun day doing a long training run.
The course is open for 24 hours.
There will be ONE BIB with a timing chip on it, so protect it with your
In addition, there will be RELAY bibs on your bib belt so that other runners know they’re being passed (or are passing) a relay person.
The team captain should pick up the race bib, relay bibs and race kits for all of your team members.
Friday September 15th:
Packet pick-up between 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Springbank Park – Stone cottage, 1085 Commissioners Road West, London, Ontario
NOTE: We STRONGLY recommend picking up your packet on the Friday night. While we will have race packet pickup on Saturday morning as well, a couple of years ago so many people decided to use that option that the lineup was long and there were folks getting their bibs literally minutes before the starting gun went at PRECISELY 8 AM.
Saturday September 16th:
1085 Commissioners Road West, London, Ontario
6:45 AM to 7:30 AM: Race packet pick-up (by stone cottage)
8:00 AM: ½ Marathon, Marathon, 12 Hour Team, 24 Hour Race, 24 Hour Team START. NOTE that it is a bit of a hike to both the Marathon and Half Marathon starting lines, so you’ll want to head to your starting points no later than 7:40.
7:00 PM to 7:45 PM: Race Packet pick-up (by stone cottage) for 12 Hour Night Race only
8:00 PM: 12 Hour (night) Race START
8:00 AM Sunday: Course closes, roads re-open to traffic
Getting There and Parking:
Stone cottage at Springbank Park
1085 Commissioners Road West
24 HOUR RACER PARKING: There is a parking lot just to the north of the Stone Cottage that will be reserved for those folks running the 24 Hour race. It is close to both washrooms and the race path, so it is convenient for the 24 hour runners. This parking lot will be closed and vehicles will not be permitted to enter or leave between 7:50am to Approx. 5pm on Saturday.
OTHER PARKING: There are parking lots to the east and west of the Stone Cottage. The lot to the west is very close to the start of the Marathon. The lot to the east is very large and only a few hundred meters from the Stone Cottage.
Self Support Areas
Each participant in ALL races have space available on the outside of the track for their own aide station/hydration system etc. Have a friend set up a table and hand you what you need while you run, use a hydration vest or carrying water bottles and gels etc. Whatever you choose to use, practice before race day so you are familiar with it.
NOTE that NO self-support stations are allowed along the inside of the track. We need to keep the inside of the track clear for runners, some of whom are racing to achieve a specific time for a Boston Qualifier in the marathon. We have 2.2530 km. of course so find a spot on the outside of the track to set up your station. 24-Hour participants get first dibs on locations in the southeast corner of the track. See map below. We’ll be marking individual support locations along the east and south track with stakes or flags in order to keep all stations suitably separated.
Marathoners and Half Marathoners: You start by completing a partial loop. Every loop after that will be a full loop measuring 2.2530 km long.
For a certified Half-Marathon time, complete the partial plus 9 full loops. The timing system will show 10 laps when you are done.
For a certified Marathon time, complete the partial plus 18 full loops. The timing system will show 19 laps when you are done.
- On course bathrooms
- Chip timing
- Bag drop off area
- Lots of space for your own personal station directly on course
- Lots of free parking near course start/finish areas
- Personalized distance, time and lap counter every 1.4 miles (2.253 km)
We will designate an area that you or a friend can set up an aide station with your own hydration and food. Please bring a small table for your hydration and food supplies.
All morning races will start at 8 AM sharp.
The 1/2 Marathon will start along the Thames River by the dam.
The Marathon will start approx. 570 meters west of the Stone Cottage.
The 6-hour, 12-hour and 24-hour races will start at the finish line by the Stone Cottage.
All participants registered before August 15 will be guaranteed a race shirt and a finishers medal.
All race participants will receive a long-sleeve running shirt, which are available in both men’s and women’s sizes.
Earn a That Dam Hill belt buckle by completing 100 km or more during the 24 hour timed race.
All information provided is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between That Dam Hill and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Information is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, That Dam Hill makes no guarantees of any kind.